Is someone you know expecting a baby girl? If so it’s time to decide what baby shower gift you will purchase to help celebrate the bundle of joy.
Even if you are already a parent, but haven’t had a new baby within the last year or two, it can be quite a daunting task. If you are a parent the best thing to do is ask yourself, what was it that you didn’t receive at your own shower that you wished you would have.
It’s hard to resist buying clothes for a baby girl. Who can resist the cute frilly dresses and adorable tiny shoes? So if you decide to purchase clothes, buy them in different sizes. Baby showers tend to overwhelm parents with newborn clothes that end up never being worn. Selecting several different sizes helps to eliminate this problem.
Great Gift Ideas
- Boppy feeding and infant support pillow – Whether the mom-to-be plans on breast feeding or formula, these pillows are an invaluable must have.
- Teething toys – This is often a neglected gift idea, but once those teeth start coming in the new parents will be infinitely grateful.
- Baby Bjorn Soft Bib – These make meal times much easier. The large pocket catches food and can save on clean up as well as laundry.
- Diaper Dekor – The hands free diaper pail.
- Swaddle blankets – These are an essential for new babies. Consider the weather when the baby will be born when purchasing. They come in different thicknesses there are even ones that work in car seats, swings, and bouncers.
- Photo frames – The new parents will need cute frames to display new pictures of the new baby.
- Diapers – Make sure you get a few sizes and avoid newborn size as they will quickly outgrow them.
Most people focus on buying for the new baby. Wouldn’t it be nice to pamper mom a little? There are many products on the market to make life easier and more comfortable for the glowing mom-to-be.
Gift Ideas for the Mom-to-be
- Snoogle total body pillow – Trying to get comfortable when you are pregnant is not an easy task. With the Snoogle mom can get in a comfortable position AND stay that way.
- Massage Gift Certificate – Pamper mom with a great massage. You can always throw in a pedicure or foot massage to help soothe mom’s achy feet.
- Pregnancy skin care creams – There are many products to prevent stretch marks among many other things available on the market.
- Tummy tattoos or henna – Let the mom have some fun with her belly.
- Maternity Photo Session – What mom wouldn’t want the beautiful moments of pregnancy captured forever?
Many items on the list of essentials are needed for both girls and boys. When all else fails, purchase something on the baby registry. Those are items you know are wanted, so you can’t go wrong. If you are a parent with any items you couldn’t live without, pass along your wisdom with a great gift you already know is useful.