Are you looking for a baby girl gift idea that’s just cute? Okay, we all know that parents love to dress up their little girls to look either adorable or perhaps a bit funny or scary for holidays (Christmas and Halloween). Those little baby girls can look so cute in little baby costumes that parents just can’t help themselves.
Here are some absolutely cute and unique baby girl costumes that will be sure to inspire you and help you find the perfect one for the baby girl!
Things to Consider When Buying a Baby Costume
If you want to buy a costume for a baby who will celebrate Christmas or Halloween, here are some important tips for you.
Costume Materials and Accessories
When choosing a baby costume the first most important thing is the material. The material of the costume must be flame resistant.
Babies’ skin is far more sensitive than adults so look for materials like cotton that is gentle on the babies’ skin. Make sure the material is nontoxic and FDA approved for babies.
Look over the costume carefully for any piece of clothing, strings, buttons or accessories before buying/giving to make sure the costume is safe for the baby.
The Costume Should Be Weather Appropriate
If it will be hot during celebration don not buy a furry animal costume. Of course, if it is winter and the weather is cold, a very thin costume will also be a bad choice.
If you are not sure about the weather the best thing is to select a costume loose enough so she can wear clothing underneath if needed.
- Do not buy a costume with lots of accessories.
- Do not buy any costume that requires an accessory to be tied around the neck will cause a strangulation risk for the baby.
- The baby should be comfortable in the costume.
- Make sure that there are no sharp parts to the costume or accessories.
- Make sure that the costume does not prevent the baby to see around.
- Make sure the costume is well designed with easy access for the parent.